With so many new patients getting Obamacare, time with the doctor is becoming more and more limited. You want to be able to get the most out of your visit with the doctor. By following these tips you should be able to make the most out of your time with the doctor.
How To Have the Best Doctor Visit Ever:
- Find out if there is any paperwork that you can complete ahead of time.
- If you are having your health records sent to your new doctor’s office, check with both offices to make sure the records were sent and received.
- Bring your insurance card to your appointment. If you have questions about services and whether or not your insurance company will cover them, ask ahead of time so there are no surprises. If the office doesn’t have an immediate answer, they will be able to guide you on how to get that information.
- Bring copies of any labs or test results along with you to the visit.
- Be sure to bring a list of all of the medications that you are taking, the dose, and how often you take them.
- Know the medications that you are allergic to to avoid getting the wrong prescriptions
- Jot down questions you may have ahead of time so you don’t forget to bring them up.
- Bring a family member or friend that you trust to the appointment. They can be a second set of ears, and can help you remember treatment options and important take home points.
- Be on time. If you are visiting Hollowbrook Foot Specialists for the first time, aim to be here 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment in case you get lost.
- Pick the one or two problems that are bothering you the most. If you have a lot of issues, it may take several visits to address them all.
- Stay on topic. In describing your health history, it is easy to start talking about a past illness that may not be related to the main reason you are at the appointment in the first place.
- Ask your doctor about different treatment options. You and the doctor should make decisions about your health together. Make sure to ask questions so you are clear on the information that is given to you.
- Tell the doctor if you would like your lab results sent to any other doctors.
We know that your time is valuable, and want to help you get the most out of your visit with Dr. Schlam at Hollowbrook Foot Specialists. Schedule an appointment today by calling (845) 298 – 9074 or by clicking here.
By: David Schlam