The presidential elections are over, but what is going to become of healthcare? No one knows. What we do know is that the end of the year is rapidly approaching and you may have healthcare benefits that you have not yet been used!
Types of Health Insurance Plans:
- HMO or Health Maintanence Organization. HMO plans tend to have lower monthly premiums, but will not pay for out-of-network benefits.
- PPO or Preferred Provider Organization. PPO plans tend to have higher monthly premiums, but will pay for out-of-network benefits.
- EPO or Exclusive Provider Organization. If you are enrolled in an EPO plan, you MUST use a provider from their network list.
- POS or Point of Service Plan. Although POS plans usually have a lower monthly premium, in some instances you are allowed out-of-network care.
You can use these Healthcare benefits if you…
- Are diabetic, you may be eligible for one pair of Diabetic Shoes with inserts per year. Call Hollowbrook Foot Specialists today to schedule your comprehensive diabetic foot exam and to choose your new shoes!
- Wear orthotics, your insurance plan may cover up to a pair per year. It is important to schedule yearly exams so that we may evaluate your feet. If your orthotics are worn out and you are in need of a new pair, your healthcare benefits will cover at least on pair per year. Come to the office today to be casted for your new pair of custom molded orthotics.
- Need surgery, the end of the year is a good time to schedule your procedure. If you have a high deductible, this will need to be paid for before your surgery costs are covered by your insurance. At the beginning of 2017, your deductible will reset. Take advantage of all you have paid into healthcare this year and have your surgery done while it is covered.
- Have an FSA (Flexible Spending Account), set-up through your employer where pre-tax contributions are made to cover your healthcare cost, check your balance! Many accounts offer that you roll over up to $500 into the next year or give you a grace period to use the funds. If they are unused, these funds may be lost.
Another great option for many patients with high deductibles, is a Health Savings Account. For more information click here.
If you are unsure of your healthcare benefits, then give your insurance company a call today. To schedule your end of the year appointment call Hollowbrook Foot Specialists today at (845) 298-9074. We are here for all of your foot needs, serving the Hudson Valley from Wappingers Falls!