Foot Pain? Re-lace Your Shoes for Relief
Foot pain on the top of your feet can really slow you down. If you are in pain call (845) 298 – 9074 or click here to schedule a same day visit with our foot doctor, Dr. Schlam. In the meantime, try to re-lace your shoes to get some relief!
How do you Re-lace your Shoes?
These instructions are best for shoes with 4 holes on each side, or you can choose to only use 4 of the holes on a shoe that have more. Follow these easy steps:
- Remove the laces from your sneakers.
- Begin by lacing into the 4th hole and out of the 1st hole of the right side of the shoe. The lace coming out of the 1st hole should be a little less than half the length of the remaining lace, and will be used to tie your shoe. You are done with this side of the lace!
- Lace into the 4th hole on the left side.
- Lace out through the 3rd hole on the left side.
- Lace into the 3rd hole on the right side.
- Lace out through the 2nd hole on the right side.
- Lace into the 2nd hole on the left side.
- Lace out through the 1st hole on the left side.
You are done! Make sure that the laces are of even length on both sides, tie your shoes, and start experiencing some relief from pressure on the top of your foot!
There are several reasons that you may be having pain on top of your foot or feet. Even though the symptoms are the same, treatment for each type of pain on the top of your foot is different. You should always schedule an appointment with Dr. Schlam at Hollowbrook Foot Specialists in Wappingers Falls by clicking here or calling (845) 298 – 9074 to find out why your foot or feet hurt.
By: David Schlam
Hollowbrook Foot Specialists
Wappingers Falls, NY
(845) 298 – 9074