Fun Foot Facts:
- The human foot has 26 bones.
- The human foot has 33 joints.
- The human foot has 107 ligaments.
- The human foot has 19 muscles and tendons.
- The average person in the United States takes about 6,000 steps per day. Our goal should really be around 10,000 steps per day. This would be the equivalent of nearly 5 miles and contributes to a healthy lifestyle.
- A toe nail typically takes 9 months to one year to grow in completely.
- At least 3 out of 4 Americans experience foot pain in their lifetime.
- The most common cause of heel pain is plantar fasciitis.
The foot is a complicated part of the human body. Our feet have many different components that may cause us pain at different times. Our feet are like the tires on a car, transporting a person in the United States an average of 3.75 miles per day. Like our cars, it is important that our feet have regular maintenance and check-ups. If you are diabetic, this includes having your nails cut to prevent infections. If you are an athlete or have heel pain, you may need to have your orthotics adjusted yearly or even have new ones made. If you have calluses, you may need to have these regularly shaved down in a safe and sterile environment.
Whatever your foot problem may be, we are here at Hollowbrook Foot Specialists to help you. We are serving the Hudson Valley from Wappingers Falls. Call today at (845) 298-9074 to schedule your appointment.
By: Samantha DelRegno D.P.M.