Try our new breakfast idea for diabetic or gout patients.
This weekend was such a beautiful weekend that I didn’t want to spend much time in the kitchen cooking breakfast.
When I was younger I took a class in making omelettes and have been experimenting with them ever since. My motto is “If I can make something that tastes great and is super easy then I have created a great recipe”. Sunday I think I found my favorite!
Patients come in for gout and diabetes and they say I can’t stay on the diet because it is so limiting. I agree, but I think this recipe will help you to find a breakfast idea for diabetic or gout patients that is flavorful and easy. And it’s not just for people with gout or diabetes it is something your whole family can enjoy.
Here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
2 eggs scrambled
2 button mushrooms sliced (If mushrooms bother your gout, use fresh tomato)
1/2 cup broccoli cut up
1 heaping tablespoon of refrigerated pesto
1 slice of cheese (Havarti, Mozzarella, or Muenster)
1 tablespoon of butter
- Put mushrooms in the microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Cook broccoli for 1 minute in the microwave.
- Melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter, then mix vegetables together and sautee for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from pan and add pesto to sauteed vegetables.
- Melt remaining 1/2 tablespoon butter in pan
- Put in eggs so that they coat the pan.
- Cook eggs until they become a little firm, then put in cheese on half the egg mixture.
- Once the cheese begins to melt, add veggies to one half of the cooked egg
- Fold the other side on top to form a semi-circle with veggies inside and press with spatula.
- Slide out of the pan and enjoy.
Let us know what you think of the recipe. If you have any good recipes that are flavorful and easy that you would like to share, send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to post them. If you aren’t able to send them on line, you can bring them to our office at 89 East Main Street, Wappingers Falls, NY 12590.
By David Schlam