We are asked about the best and most appropriate shoes for specific types of feet and activities.
Since flat feet are the root of so many foot and ankle conditions we thought it would be best to start there.
Here are ten of the best athletic shoes for flat feet:
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 21 – provides excellent arch support and stability for overpronators.
- Asics Gel-Kayano 27 – features a structured design and gel cushioning for comfort and stability.
- New Balance Fresh Foam 860v11 – offers excellent support and cushioning for flat feet.
- Saucony Guide 13 – provides a stable ride with good arch support and cushioning
- Hoka One One Gaviota 3 – features a wide, stable base and plush cushioning for support and comfort.
- Mizuno Wave Inspire 17 – offers good arch support and stability for flat feet.
- Nike Air Zoom Structure 23 – features a supportive design and responsive cushioning for comfort and stability.
- Asics GT-2000 9 – offers excellent arch support and stability for flat feet.
- Brooks Beast 20 – provides maximum support and cushioning for flat feet.
- Altra Provision 5 – offers a stable, supportive design and ample cushioning for flat feet.
It’s important to note that every individual’s feet are unique and what works for one person may not work for another.
When it comes to shoes, you get what you pay for.
A quality pair of shoes will feel good and last longer than a less expensive brand.
The right shoes won’t stop foot pain in most cases but are a step in the right direction.
To Healthy Feet,
Dr. David Schlam