Father’s Day will be here before you know it! Thinking of making your father something special for Father’ Day? You may want to use your creative side to make something that is one of a kind. If you feel stuck and are having a hard time thinking of something unique, you may want to take a walk. A recent study at Stanford University showed that a quick walk can help you think more creatively.
Here are some hints to get you be more creative:
- Get a good pair of tennis shoes that match your foot type and medical needs. If you already have shoes that you plan on walking in, wear them to your appointment at Hollowbrook Foot Specialists. If not, we can recommend a sneaker and explain what you should look for while shoe shopping.
- Start out slow. A 10-minute walk three times a week is a good goal for beginners or those who haven’t been active in a while. From there, you can slowly increase your activity. Remember that it doesn’t have to be a long walk; a quick walk could help you think more creatively too.
- Check your feet every day. Make sure to look at the top and bottom of your feet, in between your toes, and around your heels. A quick peek takes less than a minute, and can save lives, especially in diabetics.
- If you have pain or notice any blisters or open wounds on your feet, stop exercising immediately. Call our office at (845) 298 – 9074 and let us know what’s going on. From there, our foot care team can help you decide how to proceed.
- Always check with your doctor before you increase your level of physical activity. You can schedule your appointment with Dr. Schlam by clicking here or by calling (845) 298 – 9074.
The next time that you feel stuck while completing a project, don’t sleep on it! A quick walk could help you think more creatively while benefiting your health. If you have any questions or concerns, contact Dr. Schlam at Hollowbrook Foot Specialists at (845) 298 – 9074 or online here.
Happy Father’s Day!
By: David Schlam